Ben Maden – Web Consultant
- Speaker: CPA Australia – Brisbane Southside
- It’s time to say #YellNo to paper directories
- “Gool Peran Lowen” – Saint Piran’s Day in Brisbane
- Blogging for growth
- Movember 2013 – BWD Team
- To Grep or not to Grep
- Essential Design Slides
- Mozcon 2013 – Actionable stuff from Seattle to Brisbane (Part 1)
- Not Receiving Emails From WordPress Forms
- Does Having Local Hosting Help Your SEO?
- The MozCon Experience
- WordCamp Melbourne coming up fast!
- A short blog post about War and Peace
- Microsoft Outlook vs Google Apps
- When The Chips Are Down Can You Be Awesome?
- MSapp Database Upgraded
- Ben’s predictions for 2013.
- Ben’s prediction
- How Google has changed job interviews….
- Inbound Marketing Presentation for Brisbane Web Design
- Google Announces their link disavow tool
- New LinkedIn Company Page Design
- Brisbane CPA Talk – 27th September 2012
- My website isn’t ranking!
- Migrating email from one Google Apps account to another
- Structured Data Dashboard in Google Webmaster Tools
- Hard Drive Fried by Storm
- Mozcon is terrible! They give you so much great information…
- AdWords – Structuring a Campaign
- If Google were invented in the ’80′s
- Gravity Forms Add-On for CapsuleCRM
- Google Maps updated. This is how Brisbane looks now…
- Bring out your
- Movember 2011 – Ben Begins
- SEO Questions
- Moving a WordPress database
- Indian Outsource SEO Spam
- WordPress SEO tweak
- Google Places Short URLs
- Redcliffe Business Network Breakfast Online Marketing Presentation
- Google AdWords Exam – Nemek’s Result
- Google AdWords Certification Advice
- WordPress SEO Checklist
- Event: Google Analytics Presentation
- Brisbane Web Design: CMS mini-talks
- Project Planning to get the most from 2009
- August 2008 – Matter Solutions is now welcoming Shield Web Design clients
Ben is our lead Web Consultant in Brisbane with extensive experience in all areas covered by Matter Solutions.
2008 – Qualified Google Adwords Professional
2004 – Degree of Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Cass Business School, London
1998 – Degree of Master of Engineering in Aeronautical Engineering from The City University, London
An unique combination of marketing savvy, commercial acumen and technical expertise allows for customised solutions for a broad range of clients.
Able to communicate clearly with various types of staff, e.g. translating instructions and requirements so that designers, programmers, entrepreneurs, managers and operational staff can all clearly understand the project and comfortably provide input using their own jargon.
Evaluating opportunities and steering each project for all customers through to the most rewarding result. Instead of acting as a project manager, fulfil the advanced role as commercial advisor to all customers.
2006 – Present
Matter Solutions Pty Ltd established and began working with clients in Australia in addition to looking after existing UK commitments.
2004 – 2006
Worked based in near Tower Hill, London E1 on projects for clients all over the United Kingdom. Also worked on first project for an Australian client in 2005. Started to expand the range of services from pure web development into Internet Marketing.
2003 – 2004
Maintained and developed current client projects while pursuing a Master of Business Administration (MBA) at Cass Business School on a full-time basis.
2000 – 2003
Founded Matter Solutions, undertaking a variety of projects including three hugely successful websites for a City of London stockbroking firm.
1998 – 2000
Performed Credit Derivative trade processing at Merrill Lynch Capital Services and quickly promoted to team supervisor. Assigned various intranet management tasks including learning HTML.
Honed communication skills, creating a bridge of understanding between managers and technical staff, resulting in more efficient solutions, and therefore, produced much better results, e.g. shortening time-frame of completion of projects due to clearer communication.
Assigned to learn programming in Perl and PHP. Six months later, led team of engineers in creating automation for a copious number of repetitive reporting tasks, an automation system used to present times.
Graduated as Master of Engineering (MEng) in Aeronautical Engineering from The City University in London. Learned programming in visual basic macros using Microsoft Excel.
At the early age of eight years old, initiated into the world of programming by father. Wrote simple procedural computer programs in BASIC on the family BBC computer. .
Link with Ben online
If you know Ben, please use one of the links below to connect on the social networking websites he uses.
- Ben Maden on Google Plus
- Ben Maden’s profile on LinkedIn
- Ben Maden’s profile on Facebook / Add as a friend
- Brisbane Web Design Group. Ben’s BWD profile at Meetup.com
- Visit Ben’s blog, “Web Advice for Business” at www.maden.com.au
- Follow Ben on twitter
- Follow Matter Solutions on twitter
Why is MySpace missing? Last time Ben tried to use it he said, “It’s just too scruffy to be a serious business tool”. That said, he does accept that MySpace certainly is very good if your target market is too cool for school.